are you a salty woman?
Come along to this event which celebrates the beach and ocean lifestyle enjoyed by women on the northern beaches. Surfing, swimming, swimwear, cocktails and the ocean. It runs the whole day, starting at 10 am at the Creative Space in Curl Curl.
Just some of the things you can expect
- Meet swimwear designers and try out their products
- Photography Exhibition - Surf lifestyle photos from the Northern Beaches.
- Free photobooth
- Check our the perfect beach kombi - from Kombi Weddings
- Jewellery for the beach - Manly Jewellers
- Manly Spirits are launching some exciting new products - come and taste them!
- Giveaways and competition
- Live Music
- Showing of the short surf film called - Salty Women
- Food - 3$ tacos
- Safety in the surf, a brief talk about keeping safe in the water.
- Surfboards - come and check out some beautiful surfboards shaped locally.
- Save the planet - Come and see the amazing swimwear made entirely from plastic bags - by Angela
- Music and visual show - live music merged with ethereal images from the ocean.
- Music by local musician Amber Rose https://open.spotify.com/album/5Xo09evPDeyFZ6APKdG1wW
15 MARCH 2020
105 ABBOTT ROAD
Also supported by @aussurfgirls
Surfboard Expo day in Curl Curl (21st March 2020)
Come to the Creative space in Curl Curl ( 105 Abbott Rd ) , to meet local shapers, Daniel, Dru and Steve! They will each have a couple of their beautiful creations for you to look at, and get more info about.
Not only will there be some surfboards to drool over, but there will also be a rep by MMBC to talk about The Snowy - which is in June this year. Check out some photos and video from previous years Snowy and find out why you should sign up this year!
Pies and Beers
Finally, if the above is not enough to temp you…… there will be hot pies by Broomfield pies and beers provided by Nomads Brewery who are based in Brookvale.
If you have some friend or family commitment, feel free to reach out to me and I can provide a sick note as to why you can’t attend the event on the 21st March 2020.
Northern Beaches Surf Photography Competition
I am stoked to announce the Launch of the First Northern Beaches Surf photography competition. This runs in conjunction with the WSL surfing event in Manly.
Epic prizes on offer, as well as an opportunity to have your image in an exhibition at Curl Curl Creative Space.
The rules are simple
Any photo was taken on the northern beaches which relate to surfing or the ocean
The entry must be submitted via Instagram by using the following hashtags
You must follow the following pages
And if you are over 18 then also
Categories of the comp are as follows
- Under 18 Photographer
- Surf vehicle
Special thanks to the following people who will be judging the entries
- Matt of @thewaxhead
- Debbie from @nomadsbrewingco
- Vanessa from @manlySpirits
- Hayley from Oneilswomens
- Alan from Manly Art and Framing @MAF
- All images that are finalists will be on display for 10 days in the Creative Space in Curl Curl.
- Visitors to the exhibition will be able to purchase any of the finalist’s images.
- The winners will be announced on the 14th of March at a function at the Creative Space,
- Visitors to the exhibition will be able to vote for a peoples choice winner who will be announced at the end of the competition
- You will retain all rights to your image.
- Permission will be sought from you for using your image by any of the vendors on anything other than instagram.
- If you become a finalist - your image will most likely be shared on associated vendors to promote the exhibition.
- If you are a finalist, you will be expected to pay $30 to have your image printed (A2) and hung in the gallery ( $30)
- After the exhibition, you can collect your print and keep it.
- Visitors to the gallery will give your contact details should they wish to purchase your image. (either the gallery copy or a printed and framed copy from MAF)
- If you are a finalist, and you have not paid for your print by 12 March, you will be disqualified from the exhibition.
- Anyone under 18 entering the competition must not follow @manlyspirits or @nomads
Your image will be printed to A2 and framed by MAF, and given to you
Your image will be featured in various (suitable) publications.
Other prizes available
Wetsuit from oneils
Nomads Brewery pack - including tour of the brewery with 4 of your mates
Watches from Maxum watches
Shoot session with @mxmsurfphoto
and many more