Lily and I connected to shoot something embracing nature and the elements she loves. I only knew Lily as a passionate Yoga and breath work person, so when I arrived at our meeting location. I did not expect her vehicle to be a working persons UTE. But after spending a bit of time with her, I fully expect a UTE to be her car of choice.
I followed lily barefoot through the bushes at north head seeking a spot suitable for some sunrise yoga shots, and lily knew the perfect spot. A flat little platform , that was perfect for greeting the sun . My heart skipped a bit, as she did a handstand (on the side of the platform was a long drop ), it was of course perfectly safe for someone who has total control of their body when balancing on their hands. Not me!
We then headed down into the ocean, and although it was a little cool, lily jumped in and I could tell she was right at home.
Its rare to find people who hold a perfectly calm face whist underwater….. lily is one of these. I think you can tell she is right at home by the photos in this series.
are you a salty woman?
Come along to this event which celebrates the beach and ocean lifestyle enjoyed by women on the northern beaches. Surfing, swimming, swimwear, cocktails and the ocean. It runs the whole day, starting at 10 am at the Creative Space in Curl Curl.
Just some of the things you can expect
- Meet swimwear designers and try out their products
- Photography Exhibition - Surf lifestyle photos from the Northern Beaches.
- Free photobooth
- Check our the perfect beach kombi - from Kombi Weddings
- Jewellery for the beach - Manly Jewellers
- Manly Spirits are launching some exciting new products - come and taste them!
- Giveaways and competition
- Live Music
- Showing of the short surf film called - Salty Women
- Food - 3$ tacos
- Safety in the surf, a brief talk about keeping safe in the water.
- Surfboards - come and check out some beautiful surfboards shaped locally.
- Save the planet - Come and see the amazing swimwear made entirely from plastic bags - by Angela
- Music and visual show - live music merged with ethereal images from the ocean.
- Music by local musician Amber Rose https://open.spotify.com/album/5Xo09evPDeyFZ6APKdG1wW
15 MARCH 2020
105 ABBOTT ROAD
Also supported by @aussurfgirls